Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hey Simba!

This is for Megan. Hi Megan!














That's the first documented sighting of Will being serious. And Megan will never look mean.

I was feeling a bit homesick for the whiteboard culture of King House, so I transposed Guest House into lovely black ball-point pen italics on lined paper ripped from my notebook and duct taped it to my tent.














The eighth night of Hanukkah is always my favorite. So much fire.














If Hanukkah had existed back in the time of Exodus, they would have celebrated by sticking birthday candles in the sand.

The following is a picture of the second-most disastrous popcorn-cooking experience of the semester. Popcorn exploded everywhere. (I'll hope that everyone has forgotten the most disastrous time when I, erm, overcooked the popcorn...a little.)















I think, I think, I think I'm done with ISP! Sweet.

Two weeks from now, Christmas will be over. No more Christmas music for another year. (Or ~10 months)

My friend Katherine put it well: I keep bouncing between wanting to be here and not wanting to be here, wanting to be home and not wanting to be home.

It's too damn hot here, but I am not ready for snow. I love the people here, but I keep seeing faces of people I know and reminding myself nope, he's in Providence; nope, she's in Providence; nope, they're in New York.

And this is for Simba.

Hey Simba: Everyone says hi. All of us in Maun are doing great. Well, except for the bungee-jumping incident...when we chartered a flight...to Zim. The plane crashed, because the pilot was drunk and inexperienced, but most of us managed to escape. We swam the rest of the way to Vic Falls. Only some of us had bungee troubles, but I think a couple of us picked up something nasty from the Zambezi. My fingers and toes have been a bit tingly since then. Those that were left did not want to fly back, obviously, so we rented a car and drove back...except for Megan, who bought a horse from some guy at the souvenir shops at the falls for $1 and rode it back towards Maun, and we haven't heard from her since. Also, we saw a black mamba while climbing trees at Sedia, but Wes managed to catch it before too many people were bitten. Fortunately, we've been able to nurse all our injuries and illnesses with the abundance of illicit drugs around here. And last night, I stepped on a puff adder because I was walking around barefoot in the dark, but it's okay, I always wanted to see a cytotoxin in action. Oh, and I know you said hands off people paid by SIT, but some people really wanted a good grade on ISP...

No comments: